Susanne Foster is Director of Knowledge and Compliance at CM Murray LLP. She is responsible for developing and managing information and knowledge systems and providing professional support services and training. Susanne assists with the management of compliance and risk management issues at the Firm.
Susanne was the lead author, together with Clare Murray and Bettina Bender, of the “Discrimination and Whistleblower Protections for LLP Members” chapter in “The Law of Limited Liability Partnerships – Whittaker and Machell”, which is the leading text book on LLP law issues in the UK.
She was co-organiser of the joint Transatlantic Employment Law conference in October 2015 of the UK Employment Lawyers Association and the International Committee of the American Bar Association Labor & Employment Section.
Chambers & Partners 2016 (Partnership):
“Susanne Foster has particular prowess in partner team moves and complex partner discrimination litigation.”
- Susanne is the primary author of “Discrimination and Whistleblower Protections for LLP Members” chapter in the new edition of “The Law of Limited Liability Partnerships – Whittaker and Machell” (2016)
- Susanne advised a founding partner of a private equity firm on the removal of a fellow partner. The advice included consideration of the possible winding up of the firm given the unusual situation of there being no LLP agreement in place.
- Susanne advised a US Law Firm in relation to the removal of one of their under-performing UK partners.
- Susanne advised a senior equity partner in relation to their position at their Firm following allegations of unlawful acts of sex discrimination and victimisation.
- Susanne provided contentious and non-contentious advisory work for a national company, including advisory work on litigation arising from the Company’s redundancy programmes.
- Susanne advised the Head of Legal Services in respect of their acrimonious departure from their employer including advice on protected disclosures.
- Susanne advised a law firm on their own internal HR/employment law issues.
- Susanne advised a senior executive of a private equity firm in respect of his exit arrangements which included the coordination of advice on his complex and ongoing equity arrangements.
- Susanne advised a US-based technology company on the closure of their UK operation.