Wendy Chung is a Senior Associate specialising in partnership law.
Wendy began her legal career as a private equity lawyer at a Magic Circle firm where she advised on corporate transactions. She now focuses on advising founders and senior management on a wide range of non-contentious partnership matters, including:
- Structuring and establishing partnerships
- Drafting, reviewing and updating partnership agreements
- Mergers, acquisitions and restructuring projects involving partnerships
- Conversion of partnerships and companies to a Limited Liability Partnership (LLP)
- Managing the risk of potential partnership disputes
- Partner exits and post-retirement restrictions (including team moves and partner expulsion)
- Partnership governance and regulatory compliance
Her clients are primarily in the professional services sector (including law firms, accountants and architects) and the financial services sector.
She has substantial experience in advising both individual entrepreneurs and international law firms on establishing a business in the UK and works closely with her clients to produce a bespoke partnership agreement to meet their objectives and manage risk.
Wendy is a member of the Association of Partnership Practitioners.