In this 50-minute podcast special, members of leading international employment law alliance Innangard, of which CM Murray is a founder member, explore and offer insight in to key COVID-19 concerns for employers and employees across multiple jurisdictions.
Chaired by CM Murray Partner Sarah Chilton, and with contributions from Colleen Cleary, CC Solicitors (Ireland), Laia Carra Rodés, Augusta Abogados (Spain), Carl-Fredrik Hedenström, Morris Law (Sweden) and Michèle Stutz, MME Legal (Switzerland), this podcast discusses the following issues:
A. Current position in each country regarding the opening of essential/non-essential services and, specifically, the impact on workers
B. Sick pay
- Government backed/paid sick pay entitlements
- How are governments treating self-isolating and sick employees?
- Provisions for workers caring for others with COVID-19 symptoms
- Self-isolating vulnerable groups – e.g. pregnant employees – are there any additional protections?
- Best practice in each country
- State-funded wages
- Avoiding redundancies
- Short time working
- Health and safety issues and protections which have been put in place by each country
We hope you enjoy listening, and stay tuned for future episodes!
Innangard is a non-exclusive alliance whose members are leading independent law firms located across Europe and Asia-Pacific, with specialist employment law experience and reputation in advising Employers. Each firm is individually recognised in their own country and jurisdiction for their expertise in labour and employment law issues. For more information about Innangard and to contact any member firm, click here.
Follow Innangard on Twitter: @Innangardglobal