We are delighted to share with you a podcast from two of the leading international senior executive and founder advisers, Wendi Lazar of Outten & Golden & Doug Mandell of Withersworldwide, who discuss ‘Anatomy of a Transaction: Key Issues for Executives and Founders Selling Their Business and What Protections are Worth Fighting For?’. This podcast follows the recent 4th IFSEA International Conference on Risk, Reward and Reputation Management Issues for Senior Executives & Founders, where this was a very popular panel discussion.
In this hugely interesting and lively discussion, with real life stories direct from the front line of advising senior executives and founders in major transactions, IFSEA members and annual conference panellists Doug Mandell of Withers (California, USA) and Wendi S. Lazar at Outten & Golden LLP (New York, USA) speak with Stuart Smith, Marketing and Business Development Manager at CM Murray LLP (UK), about the critical issues inherent in the sale of a business from the employment perspective, including financing, engaging with corporate counsel and retaining and protecting other employees in preparation for a transaction.
In particular, the panel discuss the following elements of an M&A transaction:
- The importance of an Executive having their own counsel representing them during a transaction
- What key attributes should an Executive look for when hiring counsel in the sale of their business?
- How is conflict managed throughout the process?
- Timing of representation: When should an Executive retain counsel?
- What makes for a successful transaction and what are the key issues that Executives need to be aware of?
CM Murray LLP are founders of The International Forum of Senior Executive Advisers (IFSEA), a unique and market-leading membership forum for professional advisers around the world who specialise in advising Senior Executives and Founders.
Become a member of IFSEA here.
Visit our website here.
Follow IFSEA on Twitter: @IFSEANetwork