WONU SANDASenior Associate and Solicitor-Advocate
Wonu Sanda is an Associate and Solicitor-Advocate (Higher Courts Civil Proceedings) specialising in partnership and employment law. Wonu has a background from the Bar, having been called to the Bar of England and Wales in 2013, and has advocacy experience in employment tribunal proceedings. Wonu has a particular interest in matters involving whistleblowing.
Wonu works extensively with clients on partnership and employment law issues on a wide range of matters, including employment and partnership disputes and exits, enforceability of restrictive covenants in traditional partnerships and LLPs, lateral hires and team moves, discrimination, whistleblowing and jurisdictional issues. She has particular experience in matters involving sensitive misconduct allegations and investigations. She also acts for clients in High Court litigation and arbitration matters.
Wonu was admitted as a solicitor in England and Wales in September 2017.
- Advising and acting for a global professional practices firm in relation to:
- A complex, highly confidential independent investigation into alleged misconduct by a senior partner in the firm, as well as in respect of extensive follow up partner grievance and disciplinary processes.
- Claims brought by a former partner in the Employment Tribunal.
- Separate sensitive partner misconduct allegations and subsequent investigations processes.
- Their UK LLP agreement and policies.
- Acting for a large US law firm in relation to the departure of a senior partner in the firm.
- Acting for three partners moving from a multinational law firm to one of the big four, in relation to allegations of a team move.
- Acting for a departing partner in a leading global investment partnership, in relation to maternity and other rights and obligations.
- Advising and acting for a global professional services firm on a multi-million-pound partner disability discrimination claim.
- Advising a leading professional services firm on multiple complex partner sexual misconduct investigation, grievances and disciplinary process.
- Acting for several partners in US and global law firms, in relation to proposed de-equitisations and compulsory retirements.
- Advising a specialist insurance business in connection with alleged breach of confidentiality and a settlement agreement by a former managing director, who was involved in planning to set up a competing business venture together with one of their former employees.
- Advising an international law firm on time-sensitive employee conduct, performance management and dismissal issues.
- Delivering bullying and harassment training to a large London law firm.
- Advised a global law firm on a highly-sensitive investigation into partner misconduct, following serious allegations of sexual harassment raised by a former employee.
- Defending a financial services employer in an Employment Tribunal unfair dismissal claim, involving an overseas based employee and related cross border and territorial jurisdiction issues.
- Advising a multinational company on handling an employee grievance and termination.
- Acting for departing employees leaving a multinational bank to join a new employer, in the context of allegations of a team move and fiduciary and contractual breaches.
- Advising a senior executive at an investment bank on their departure.
- Advising a senior executive of a professional services firm on the impact of their restrictive covenants on a proposed move to another employer.