We are delighted to share with you the recording of the recent IFSEA webinar, ‘Confidential Information: The Use and Misuse by Executives and Founders.’
In this webinar, chaired by David Fisher, (Partner at CM Murray LLP), Peter De Maria, (Senior Partner at Doyle Clayton), Amit Bindra (Partner at The Prinz Law Firm, P.C.) and Klaudia Aliaj (Director at Alvarez & Marsal Disputes and Investigations LLP) discuss confidential information in the United Kingdom and United States and some of the key legal and practical issues facing senior executives and founders. In particular, the panel explores:
- The core principles and definitions of confidential information, unpacking the following concepts:
- The factors to be considered when determining what constitutes a ‘trade secret’ and what constitutes other ‘confidential information’
- Whether protection can be applied to an employee’s experience and know-how
- Which categories of confidential information can be protected during and after employment, including practical tips to prevent confidential information from being taken from a business.
- Practical steps for employers when there is evidence of misuse of confidential information.
- How a computer forensic investigation is undertaken and what it might uncover.
If you would like to discuss confidential information further or have any questions arising from this recording, please contact Partner David Fisher.