We are delighted to invite you to the Professional Practices Alliance (PPA) expert discussion, ‘The Greater Good; How Professional Firms are Embracing B Corp Status, ESG and other Non-Profit-Making Objectives’. Our panel of expert speakers will discuss the following issues:
- What is B Corp status, and how does this relate to other initiatives that encourage inclusive, equitable, and regenerative economies.
- How are regulatory trends related to ESG (including reporting) relevant to B Corp status?
- Are professional firms in the UK adopting B Corp status?
- What formal steps are needed to adopt B Corp status?
- Beyond the technical requirements, what wider changes can the firm take to actively promote B Corp objectives, including recruiting and retaining talent?
- Unpacking each of the E, S and G of ESG, what are the key strategic issues that B Corp status helps manage in “typical” professional practice partnerships?
- Do clients care? How does demonstrating high social and environmental performance build better client relationships and help develop better business?
Date: Wednesday, 20 July 2022
Time: 9.30 am – 10.30 am BST
Dr John Henry Looney, Visiting Professor in Sustainable Energy Systems and Techniques at University of Lincoln and Managing Director at Sustainable Direction Ltd – Sustainability Management specialist
Corinne Staves, Partner and Head of Professional Practices, Maurice Turnor Gardner LLP – Partnership and LLP law specialist
Emma Bartlett, Partner and D&I Lead, CM Murray LLP – Employment and Partnership law specialist
Robert Millard, Director, Cambridge Strategy Group – Law Firm Strategy and Sustainability Advisor
Should you have any questions that you would like to be put to the speakers, please email Robert Millard.
The Professional Practices Alliance is a multi-disciplinary collaboration between leading UK independent legal, accounting and law firm management specialist advisers, CM Murray LLP, Maurice Turnor Gardner LLP, Pep Up Consulting and Cambridge Strategy Group.
We are delighted to invite you to join the Professional Practices Alliance LinkedIn group, a collaborative networking and information sharing space for professional services firms.
Follow us on Twitter: @PartnershipAlln
Subscribe to the Professional Practices Alliance blog here.