HMRC are giving every indication that the new IR35 rules, which were delayed from April 2020, will come into force in April 2021.
Before the rules were postponed earlier this year, many businesses had prepared for the changes. As such, for many, it will be a case of revisiting the plans they put in place and refreshing their ‘off payroll worker’ strategy before the new tax year starts. Equally, given the economic changes brought about by COVID-19, business models may have been updated with the result that the skills and flexibility which contractors bring will be in greater demand over the coming months.
We will be holding a live webinar for our clients and friends, on Wednesday 4 November, with leading accountancy and investment management firm Smith & Williamson LLP. This session will highlight some of the key legal and practical issues that certain businesses will have to navigate as a result of the new rules.
• An overview of the new rules and how to determine whether your business is impacted
• Supply chain issues – where responsibility rests
• Contractor Assessment – the key tests
• Employment law and contractual considerations
This event is for all businesses preparing for the changes to the IR35 rules, who are considering:
• Internal education and communications to stakeholders
• Planning and strategy through to April 2021 to ensure compliance
• Contractor identification and assessments
• Contractual issues and employment law matters