Succession planning can cover a broad range of options, from sale to merger, to employee ownership. However, a vital part of the process within professional practices is the successful transition within the business from one generation to the next.
Date: 16th May, 2019
Location: Buzzacott LLP, 130 Wood Street, London, EC2V 6DL (map)
Registration and breakfast: from 8.00am
Session duration: 8.30 – 10.00am
Click here to register.
Please join the Professional Practices Alliance for this breakfast panel of leading experts in partnership succession planning, to find out:
- How to value your practice and make the most of a successful transition;
- The advantages of starting early and thinking ahead with succession planning;
- Why establishing what motivates your decisions helps to identify the option best suited to you;
- The current thoughts about employee ownership and how it can be best structured to suit your business;
- Which financial aspects need to be evaluated, from tax and pensions to goodwill, and why these are critical in securing your firm’s s financial future; and
- What happens after the event – both for the next generation of leaders and those moving into retirement.
Chair: Claire Watkins, Buzzacott LLP – Claire Watkins is a partner and Head of Professional Practices Group at Buzzacott LLP. Claire advises firms in the legal, architectural, property and consultancy sectors on partnership financial and remuneration structures.
Sarah Chilton, CM Murray LLP – Sarah Chilton is a partner at CM Murray LLP who specialises in partnership and employment law. Sarah advises professional services firms, including many law firms, on a wide range of partnership and employment issues, and has particular expertise in relation to partner conduct issues, investigations, discrimination and whistleblowing, contentious exits and partnership dissolutions, as well as partner restrictive covenant and team move issues and associated disputes.
Matthew Katz, Buzzacott LLP – Matthew Katz is a partner and Head of Corporate Finance Team at Buzzacott LLP. Matt specialises in advising entrepreneurial businesses in the £5m to £100m transactional value range on succession planning.
Click here to register for this event. Please feel free to send us questions and comments in advance for our experts to address, and to extend this invitation to any colleague you think may be interested to attend.