We are delighted to share the fifth episode of our Women in Sport Podcast, where we discuss developments, initiatives, and issues relating to women in sports and the associated legal implications.
In this episode, Partner Emma Bartlett and Trainee Solicitor Mitchell Blythe are joined by a special guest, Sunday Times Grassroots Sportswoman of the Year 2020 and rugby player for Richmond Rugby, Zainab Alema to discuss the following:
- Zainab’s ambition of becoming the first Black Muslim woman to play for England Rugby and her progress so far in overcoming stereotypes
- The origin and meaning of her nickname ‘The Bulldozer’
- The importance of representation in sport and Zainab’s experience in meeting one of her sporting heroes, former England and Saracens W.R.F.C player, Maggie Alphonsi
- The new ground-breaking maternity, pregnant parent, and adoption policy unveiled by the Rugby Football Union (RFU) which seeks to promote the health and safety of rugby players and normalise motherhood in sport
- The future of women’s rugby and Zainab’s involvement in growing the women’s game at a grass roots level, including her incredible project Studs in the Mud with the Atlas Charity
You can follow and support Zainab on her journey here.
We hope you enjoy our latest episode! Please get in touch by emailing us at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like any information on the topics discussed or if you would like to suggest a story for us to cover in a future episode.
CM Murray is Ranked Tier 1 for Employment (Senior Executives) by Legal 500 UK 2023. ‘‘CM Murray is unique, even among employment law boutiques, in their strength and depth of experts and expertise. They simply cannot be beaten. They are formidable advocates for their clients.‘ (Legal 500 UK)