The sixth session was a fascinating panel discussion on the comings and goings of private equity executives and management teams, and the key issues on which they are focused in respect of their own terms and conditions, carry and co-invest, good and bad leaver provisions, and the impact of non-competition clauses. Some of the key takeaways from the session included:
- Where do PE executives and management teams come from?
- Is there a market standard against which PE executives and management teams can benchmark the packages being offered to them on entry?
- What can (and should) be negotiated on the way in (and what can’t)?
- Why do PE executives or members of management teams get fired from (or more typically, managed out of) PE houses / companies invested in or sponsored by PE houses?
- What can they expect to happen to their vested carry or equity on the way out, and will their restrictive covenants be enforced?
Thank you again to our expert panel of speakers for a superb session:
Gail McManus, Managing Director and Founder, Private Equity Recruitment (PER) (UK)
Wendi Lazar, Partner, Outten & Golden LLP (New York, USA)
Tim Thomas, Partner, Liberty Corporate Finance (UK)
Stephen Brown, Private Equity Partner, Icon Law (UK)
Sarah Chilton, Partner, CM Murray LLP (UK) (Chair)
The second International Forum of Senior Executives and Founders (IFSEA) Conference on Risk, Reward and Reputation Management Issues for Senior Executives & Founders was held virtually from Tuesday, 2 February – Tuesday, 16 March 2021. This unique specialist conference ran as a series of virtual international expert panels and two networking events per week, bringing together over 65 leading global experts from 13 countries around the world to discuss issues commonly faced by international Senior Executives and Founders, particularly during these times of global crisis, disruption and opportunity.
View other sessions from the IFSEA 2021 Virtual Conference here.
Find out more about the International Forum of Senior Executive Advisers and become a member here.