In this podcast, CM Murray LLP Partners Sarah Chilton and Beth Hale, and John Manis, Tax Director of leading accountancy and investment firm Smith & Williamson LLP, co-host a live Q&A session on the employment and tax details and practicalities of the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme, and the key issues surrounding individual and collective redundancies, including:
1. Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme:
- Is pay gross or net for the job retention scheme?
- What about employers’ National Insurance Contributions?
- Do you have to consult collectively to implement it?
- What documentation do you need to furlough staff?
- What happens with statutory maternity leave and pay?
- How does furlough work with employees on sick leave?
- What are the key employment and tax/national insurance risks employers need to bear in mind?
2. Key issues on individual and collective redundancies, including:
- What consultation looks like
- What do employees need to be told and when?
- Whether the “special circumstances” defence could apply in collective consultations
- How quickly can consultation be done?
For more information on any topics discussed, please contact us here.