The US Federal Trade Commission (FTC) has proposed a ban on non-competition covenants in employment agreements. This would have a significant impact on senior executives and founders, and their businesses, in the USA and around the world.
Join our expert international panel for ‘The Rise and Demise of the Non-Compete?’ on Monday 27 February 2023, at 5-6 PM GMT as they discuss the specifics of the FTC proposal and consider the consequences for:
- Executives around the world who are working for US headquartered businesses or under US employment contracts
- Individuals who participate in US and global incentive plans with good/bad leaver provisions conditioned on compliance with non-competition provisions
- Founders who are subject to a non-competition clause as part of the terms of sale of their stake in the business
The panel will also look at how other jurisdictions which have already banned non-competition clauses have fared in balancing the protections for businesses (including for their confidential information) and their departing senior executives and founders.
- Chair: Mark Risk – Mark Risk PC (New York, USA)
- Dean M. Harvey – Lieff, Cabraser, Heimann & Bernstein LLP (California, USA)
- James Hockin – Withers (UK)
- Danny Kaufer – BLG (Canada)
- Dr. Johannes Traut – Seitz (Germany)
- Cody Yorke – Outten & Golden (New York, USA)
Date: Monday, 27 February 2023
Time: 5-6 PM GMT / 12-1 PM EST / 9-10 AM PST
IFSEA Membership –
Come and join the discussion on all things Senior Executive and Founder related
Why should you join IFSEA?
The International Forum of Senior Executive Advisers (IFSEA) is the leading international thought-leadership group focussed on the needs of Senior Executives and Founders in all their risk, reward, regulatory and reputation management areas. It provides the opportunity to share your knowledge and experience, learn and network with Executives, Founders and their specialist advisers across disciplines and across the world.
IFSEA Member Benefits:
- Be part of the world’s leading thought-leadership and networking association entirely focused on the workplace risk, reward, regulation and reputation management issues for Senior Executives and Founders
- Keep abreast of the latest thought leadership and trends effecting Senior Executives and Founders
- Attend our flagship IFSEA Annual conference, now in its 4th year, at a discounted registration rate. Planning has already begun for the IFSEA Annual Conference in London on 20 June 2023, with the support of our newly established IFSEA Advisory Board. Further details of the conference can be found here.
- Free attendance at our regular mid-year in person and virtual events, commencing in January 2023.
- Optional inclusion in the upcoming IFSEA online register of international advisers to Senior Executives and Founders around the world (to be launched in 2023) and have access to and network with other leading experts in this specialist area.
- Include the IFSEA logo on your website to showcase your IFSEA membership and your interest and involvement in all things Senior Executive and Founder.
What does IFSEA Membership cost?
Membership is on an individual basis and costs £195 plus VAT per annum; the membership year runs from 1 January to 31 December.
Who can become an IFSEA Member?
Membership is open to those interested and involved in risk, reward, regulatory and reputation management issues relating to Senior Executives and Founders including (but not limited to): Senior Executives and Founders, employment law, reward, regulatory and reputation management advisors, and other inhouse and private practice lawyers, HR professionals, executive compensation, benefits and tax advisers, private wealth advisers, executive recruitment consultants, and reputation management specialists and coaches.
How do I apply for IFSEA Membership?
You can apply for membership by downloading the membership form here. Membership terms and conditions can be found here. Do come and join us! If you have any questions please feel free to contact our Managing Partner, Clare Murray.