We are delighted to share the second episode of our Women in Sport Podcast, where we discuss developments, initiatives, and issues relating to women in sports and the associated legal implications.
In this episode, Partner Emma Bartlett and Trainee Solicitor Mitchell Blythe are joined by a special guest, Stacey Copeland, who has represented England at an international level in both boxing and football, to discuss the following:
- Stacey’s upbringing playing football for her school and club, her introduction to boxing as a teen, through to the amateur boxing ranks and becoming a professional boxer
- Stacey’s experience as the first ever British woman to win the Commonwealth female super-welterweight title in 2018 and her subsequent endeavours to drive change and promote equality for women in the sport
- The current status of women’s sport how the advancement and development of women’s sport can be accelerated on a micro and macro level through:
- Investment in training facilities, coaches, resources, research and advice
- Exposure to women’s competition and role models
- Use of language and comparisons
- Charities such as UNLOCKED by the Women’s Sport Trust
We hope you enjoy our latest episode! Please get in touch by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com if you would like any information on the topics discussed or if you would like to suggest a story for us to cover in a future episode.