CM Murray LLP, in association with Littleton Chambers and Fisher Phillips LLP, invite you to listen to a 50-minute podcast recording on “Trade Secret Protection in the “New Normal”: Is your Information Secure from WFH and RTW Mishaps and Misappropriation?”
In this podcast recording, Merrill April (Partner, CM Murray LLP, London, UK), Chris Stief, (Regional Managing Partner in Philadelphia & Pittsburgh, Fisher Phillips LLP, USA), Mike Avila (Partner, Fisher Phillips LLP, Philadelphia & Washington D.C. Metro, USA) and Jonathan Cohen QC (Littleton Chambers, London, UK), discuss the key issues from both a US and UK perspective relating to the enforcement of restrictive covenants and how such covenants are impacted by global working from home and furlough. In particular, the panel address:
- How the new global work from home reality is a complicating factor in trade secrets agreements;
- Key practical steps and considerations for employers on how to manage and protect their confidential information and trade secrets;
- Best practices to monitor trade secrets;
- The impact of furlough in both the US and UK on the duration of the restrictive covenants; and
- How to prosecute a misappropriation case in this new environment.