We are delighted to share with you the recording of the recent webinar “How are the UK’s Regulators Addressing Sexual Misconduct in their Professions?”, in which our expert panel discuss the rules, guidance and approach to sexual misconduct taken by the Financial Authority Conduct Authority (FCA), Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA) and General Medical Council (GMC).
In this webinar, Carol Davis KC (Littleton Chambers), chair Sarah Chilton (Senior Partner, CM Murray LLP), and speakers Emma Bartlett (Partner, CM Murray LLP) and Andrew Pavlovic (Partner, CM Murray LLP) discuss the following:
- The steps the SRA has taken to address sexual misconduct and toxic working environments since 2018.
- The recent FCA consultation and proposed rule changes to address sexual and other forms of non-financial misconduct.
- The GMC updated Good Medical Practice guidance which specifically mentions sexual misconduct for the first time.
- Recent cases from each profession, demonstrating the varying approach taken to sanctions where sexual misconduct is established.
- The SRA’s new rules requiring partners to challenge behaviour, and how this contrasts with the requirement to challenge set out in the GMC guidance.
- The SRA workplace environment guidance and the potential for action to be taken against firms (both SRA and FCA) where there has been a failure to address toxic working environments.
- How regulated firms can reinforce good behaviours through training and policies.
If you would like to discuss any of the above issues in further detail, please contact Partner, Andrew Pavlovic, who specialises in regulatory law for firms and partners.