In the latest of our Ten-Minute Talks, Partner, David Fisher, and Senior Associate, Wonu Sanda, highlight the common issues encountered by Senior Executives and Partners during team moves and discuss the pitfalls to be aware of when navigating this tricky area.
- What constitutes a team move and how many people are required to form one?
- The obligations and duties owed by employees to the employer during a team move, such as confidentiality, fiduciary and contractual obligations;
- The importance of understanding post-termination restrictions and time periods prior to a team move;
- Risks for employees and remedies for employers;
- The importance of legal representation during a team move and the best structure in order to alleviate the risk and consequences of a conflict of interest arising during the process.
If you are considering a team move and would like to discuss your specific circumstances, or if you have any questions arising from this video, please contact Partner David Fisher or Senior Associate Wonu Sanda.