Welcome to the first of our Ten-Minute Talks, a series of bite-sized videos in which we focus on a particular topical employment and partnership law issue, distilling the key information which you need to know. Today we discuss Non-Disclosure Agreements (NDAs), the recent Can’t Buy My Silence campaign, and the key things for employers and individuals alike to consider before signing.
- Why are we talking about NDAs now?
- The impact of the Can’t Buy My Silence campaign, launched by Zelda Perkins, one of the Harvey Weinstein whistleblowers, and Professor Julie Macfarlane, with the aim of ending the misuse of NDAs in harassment cases.
- What are the pros and cons of NDAs?
- The importance of obtaining local advice when an NDA spans multiple jurisdictions.
- What do lawyers need to be thinking about?
- What do employers need to think about?
- What do executives need to think about?
The Lawdown Podcast
Listen to our regular podcast discussing the latest key employment, discrimination and partnership law-related news stories, and the interesting legal issues behind them: