Advising senior executives on potential discrimination issues is a core part of our practice. Many of the executive exits on which we advise have a discrimination aspect to it. Our clients rarely wish to litigate such matters, but instead prefer to use their potential claims to seek a negotiated resolution on a confidential and amicable basis where possible.
We have extensive experience in litigating discrimination claims where necessary and have a robust reputation in this area.
Many of the discrimination matters on which we work are complex, high profile or involve reputational issues. They will frequently also involve cross-border issues and we frequently work on client matters with overseas employment lawyers with expertise in discrimination protections.
Contact Anna Birtwistle for more information.
- David Fisher acted for Svetlana Lokhova, a former employee of a Russian bank in respect of the recovery of compensation and legal costs awarded to her by an Employment Tribunal for sex discrimination and victimisation in a much publicised claim.
- Clare Murray advised a Board Member of an international services group in relation to the proposed termination of her employment in connection with her serious health issues, including potential disability discrimination issues; and on her negotiated exit arrangements.
- Clare Murray advised the UK General Counsel of a multi-national organisation in relation to her bonus and sex and age discrimination issues; and on her negotiated exit.
- Anna Birtwistle represented a senior executive at the Employment Tribunal and Employment Appeals Tribunal in relation to a complex discrimination and whistleblowing claim.
- We acted for a financial services senior executive in relation to her employment tribunal claims for sex discrimination, harassment and personal injury against her employer and manager; and in relation to the negotiated resolution of such proceedings.