Naomi Latham is an Associate specialising in partnership and employment law.
Naomi advises both employers and senior executives on contentious and non-contentious employment matters, including discrimination, settlement agreements and negotiated exits, and breach of restrictive covenants. Naomi has particular experience and interest in advising multinational employers on issues including reviewing and updating contracts of employment and staff policies, redundancies, guidance on grievance and disciplinary processes, and other day to day HR management issues.
Naomi is also experienced in advising partners, LLP members, LLPs and partnerships on a range of issues in employment and partnership disputes and exits, including the enforceability of restrictive covenants, discrimination, and partner conduct and performance issues. Naomi also provides guidance to professional service firms on workplace investigations, which often encompass complex discrimination and regulatory aspects.
Naomi was admitted as a solicitor in England and Wales in October 2020.
- Advising a senior executive in relation to a grievance raised in respect of harassment and discrimination. Naomi advised the executive of their employment rights at all stages of the investigation.
- Assisting a very senior executive of a multi-national entertainment and media conglomerate in negotiating a favourable exit, following the threat of alleged underperformance management.
- Advising a senior executive as a member of an LLP on the enforceability and scope of their post-termination restrictions.
- Advising a senior executive in relation to allegations of bullying which surfaced during a period where they were suffering from severe burnout as a result of Covid pressures and overworking.
- Advising one of the UK’s largest manufacturers of commercial lighting on the termination of a senior manager following serious allegations of gross misconduct, and another senior executive responsible for their management.
- Advising a national carpet and flooring company on its mask policy, balancing the rights and interests of employees and potential customers.
- Advising the London branch of a Germany-headquartered bank on the handling of grievances, and the process and procedures to follow when carrying out a fair and thorough investigation.
- Advising the Managing Partner of a high-end fashion photography company in relation to the drafting and updating of employment contracts in light of the global pandemic, including furlough and working from home provisions.
- Advising a partner at a large accountancy firm on his self-reporting obligations to the Institute of Chartered Accountants for England and Wales, following the commencement of a disciplinary investigation against him in respect of alleged misconduct.
- Represented a veterinary surgeon resident overseas in a 3-day hearing before the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons Disciplinary Committee.